The Ballad of Lori Beth and Patty

Wontcha roll us up a fatty
Asked Lori Beth of Patty
And old friend of hers that was staying
4 a week or so just playing
Some daze she'd work on her tan
Other daze whichever man happened 2 catch her eye
She'd just smile or walk up and say, "Hi...
Mind if I buy U a drink?
No matter the man
He'd be putty in her hands
It happened 2 far 2 many gentlemen 2 count
no doubt
Once they were her's she'd take them 4 it all
If the mark couldn't fuck she'd find someone else 2 ball
All the while saying things like
"Honey Bunch...where are we having lunch?"
And, "God, I love the way U smile..."
Then after awhile the mark'd fall hook line and sinker
And undoubtedly think her as in love with her as he with him
Then he would shower her with gifts such as diamonds and furs
Which she would trade 4 dope almost as soon as she got home
Then her and Lori Beth would lock themselves in a room and get stoned
Just two old friends sitting side by side
Both had been pall bearers
Neither a bride
Both had made Dean's List
Neither one cared
Neither Lori Beth nor Patty
Wuz willing 2 share
Whatever dream she may be dreaming of
Neither one realizing true friendship
Is as rare as true love.



I remember when I wrote this piece. It wuz like I wuz in a fucking trance or something. I thought of the first line and wrote it down. As soon a it wuz down on paper, I thought of te next line and then the next and so on and so forth until the fucker wuz done. It is one of my personal favorites, and almost always a hit when read aloud! Let me know if U agree with me by leaving a comment!

No comments: