nigger

nigger...
Just another word, right?
Left alone
Not entirely unlike...
Cracker

But the POWERS THAT BE
Have unilaterally decreed
U can't use the word nigger
In our enlightened society
Unless U black and by black
I mean blacker than me
If U is a cracker that shit i heard
Better had been the N word
Which don't make a whit of sense 2 me
Since it's the same racist shit
Whichever way I choose 2 say it
It's enough 2 give me fits and spells
Thinking bout all that
MONEY MONEY MONEY
I ain't finna ever get the chance 2 spend
Am I supposed 2 watch as U rape my brothers and sisters
Somehow trying 2 pretend the same shit ain't happening 2 me?
And what of THE POWERS THAT BE?
From some far away place
Across some uncrossable sea
There they sit in control of distant communities
Squeezing ever tighter
Giggling as they bleed
And this well-fed, well-bred white bread motherfucker
Never does realize
Never does he see
The only nigger he need fear
Hell, the only nigger he's ever been near
Is that one looking back at him
When he looks in the mirror



This piece has been published in a collection of American poetry titled, Reflections...A Collection of Short Poetry. It iz my third poem I have had published (by someone other than me).
What do U think? Let me know with a comment!

No comments: