A Tale of Two Boys

iT WUZ MIDNIGHT ON THE OCEAN
nOT A STREETCAR WUZ IN SIGHT
tHE SUN WUZ SHINING BRIGHTLY
4 IT RAINED ALL DAY THAT NIGHT
tWO BAREFOOT BOYS WITH SHOES ON
sTOOD SITTING BY A TREE
bEST FRIENDS LONGER THAN EITHER REMEMBERED
tHE TWO WERE BLOOD-SWORN ENEMIES
bACK-2-BACK THEY FACED ONE ANOTHER
bOTH DREW SWORDS AND SHOT EACHOTHER
wHEN A DEAF POLICEMAN HEARD THE NOISE
hE FOUND AND KILLED THE TWO DEAD BOYS
dIGGING A SHALLOW GRAVE IN DEEP, DARK WATERS
hE DISCOVERED BOTH BOYS WERE HIS ONLY DAUGHTER
hEART FILLED WITH SORROW THE COP STARTED 2 GRIN
aWAKENING THE TWO DEAD BOYS AGAIN
2 THE EAST THE SUN IS SETTING
iT WILL SOON BE YESTERDAY
aS TWO DEAD BOYS RUN LAUGHING
fROM A DEAF POLICEMAN'S GRAVE




This wuz the first piece of mine 2 ever be published by someone other than myself. I wrote it at a party while I wuz drunk and gave it 2 this chick I wuz trying 2 nail. Much later I wuz at her house and she showed it 2 me. I didn't remember writing it, but I took what she gave me and started from there and ended up here. It's original genesis may lie in a children's playground rhyme, but so far that can't really be confirmed or denied. My sister swears it is true, however. Anyone else recognize it? Have anything else 2 say about it? Let me know...

No comments: